November 17, 2019 12:24 am
For those who haven’t been to Walt Disney World since they were kids or those who are new to the theme park, food might not be an obvious high point of your visit. Yet over the years, the food at the Magic Kingdom has become as important and iconic as some of the rides and characters. If you’re planning a visit, there are certain foods that you really shouldn’t miss out on. Of course, while most of these treats aren’t always on the healthy side, you can make up for it by staying at one of the Fantasy World vacation villas in Kissimmee Florida. They have their own full kitchens so you can serve up some healthier meals to balance out any bucket-list binges.
- Dole Whip: This treat found at Aloha Isle in Adventureland at Magic Kingdom comes under the list of iconic must-haves now. Great on a hot day, you can enjoy this dairy-free pineapple soft serve in a cup or enjoy it as a float atop pineapple juice.
- Fresh Fruit Waffle Sandwich with Nutella: Really, what more do you need to know? Crisp yet fluffy waffles coated in creamy Nutella, with a mount of fresh fruit. While the fruit is usually a mix of bananas, strawberries, and blueberries, you’re really in for a treat if you order the in-season strawberries when visiting between January and April. This is a popular breakfast item, as well as a great treat any time of day. Find it at Sleepy Hollow in Liberty Square at Magic Kingdom.
- Turkey Leg: Embrace your inner Fred Flintstone and throw yourself into gnawing on a deliciously brined and roasted turkey leg, found at Tortuga Tavern in Adventureland at Magic Kingdom. While you can eat one all by yourself, this can easily be shared as a great snack to get some protein and electrolytes into your system to help you get through the day, and it’s not fatty or greasy to upset any stomachs.
- Bacon Macaroni Hot Dog and Fries: A plump, juicy hot dog, creamy mac and cheese, and real bits of bacon in a soft, flavorful bun, with thin crisp fries on the side. Sounds like heaven, right? This carbo-licious treat comes in normal and foot long at Casey’s Corner on Main Street at Magic Kingdom. Consider throwing in some sauerkraut on the side for a “vegetable” and to cut some of the richness of this must-have delight.
- Corn Dog Nuggets with Fries: If you’re in the mood for hot dogs, but aren’t quite ready to face the Bacon Macaroni Hot Dog, consider the Corn Dog Nuggets instead, which are also at Casey’s Corner. Easy to share or eat all on your own, these corn dog bites are still absolutely delicious with a sweet yet smoky flavor. Don’t forget the tangy mustard for dipping!
- Croque Madame: For a true breakfast treat — that you’d probably enjoy any time of day — don’t miss out on the Croque Madame at Be Our Guest Restaurant in Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom. This mouth-watering open-faced sandwich is smothered with ham, a fried egg, gruyere cheese, and creamy bechamel sauce and comes with a side of fruit to make you feel a little more virtuous.
These are just some of the favorites at the Magic Kingdom. You’ll find plenty of bucket-list eats at all of the Disney theme parks, especially Epcot, with its international pavilions and its Food & Wine Festival. No matter where or when you go, you’re always going to find food that will be as memorable as the rides and characters. Just make sure you plan your eating and your rides carefully. Stick with Small World over Space Mountain if you’ve just indulged in the Bacon Macaroni Hot Dog, just to be on the safe side. At the end of the day, you can return to one of the Fantasy World vacation villas in Kissimmee Florida to relax and digest or whip up your own version of some of these favorites. Bon appetit!
Tags: Kissimmee vacation
, Rentals Kissimmee
, resort in kissimmee fl
, Vacation Packages
Categorised in: disney food bucket list, Holiday Tips, Orlando Tips
This post was written by Fantasy World